DIGITAL MARKETING TRENDS 2023.
A few years ago, digital concepts like artificial intelligence, data-driven marketing and voice search engine optimization were simply ambitious ideas. Today though, they are mainstream choice digital trends.
The digital landscape is predominantly driven by new software and technology. As a result, consumer behaviour is changing fast. Consumers now have easy access to new attractive content and they can connect with brands through different platforms using immersive technologies such as Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Voice Search and Chatbots.
Our pick of the digital trends that will continue to grow include,
1. The Rise of AI. Artificial intelligence is the technology behind many digital services, including content creation, chatbots and search engines. Retail, banking, supermarkets and healthcare companies are already starting to use artificial intelligence in their sales and marketing efforts. While AI is most often used in marketing automation to automate basic tasks like reporting on website traffic and recommending keywords that can optimise a company’s organic search results, marketers are also exploring AI applications that can predict what customers are likely to buy in the future based on their past purchases and browsing history.
One company who has made AI the centre of its value proposition is Google. Their implementation of AI has allowed their search engine learning to understand what people are looking for and what kind of content best serves their search intent.
2. Programmatic Advertising. Programmatic advertising is the process of using AI to automate ad buying. By removing humans from ad buying, companies receive a more reliable and cost-effective solution to their needs. Global programmatic advertising spending has reached over $120 billion, 60% of which comes from U.S. companies.
3. Content Marketing. The creation of original content that is aligned to your brand, business, PR, and SEO efforts enables you to enjoy far better visibility, credibility and authority in your market segment.
4. Video Marketing. Video marketing is a crucial component in an integrated digital marketing campaign. Video can now be published across several targeted media channels including YouTube, Vimeo, and Google Display 360 AD Network, a premium demand side advertising platfom. Over 65% of businesses use video as their preferred marketing tool, and 75% say video content has a far better return on investment than static image marketing. In addition over 55% say that video helps them build better trust with potential customers. There are many great ways to produce and promote your brand with original live videos including YouTube, Vimeo, LinkedIn, Social Media Channels and Messenger Apps such as Line App and Whatsapp.
DIGITAL TRENDS CONTINUED
5. Mobile-First Marketing. Consumers are spending more and more time online. As more people use smartphones and tablets instead of desktops to browse products or services on the internet, businesses need to create more engaging mobile-friendly content that will rank higher in search engines. One simple strategy involves optimizing your website’s design so that it automatically adjusts for smaller screens. Accelerated mobile pages make content load faster on smartphones and tablets.
6. Personalization. If you want to stand out in 2022, you need to personalise your marketing, which means personalising content, products and emails. Consumers love personalization: Companies who understand and have embraced this are Amazon and Netflix, with their very successful tailored and recommended products and movie choices.
7. Social Messaging Apps. The top three social messaging apps are WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and WeChat, with over 4.5 billion users combined. This is more than Facebook or YouTube. Over 60% of messaging app users say they have messaged brands to get more information in all stages of the buyer’s journey. Messaging apps are another execution of a conversational marketing strategy. People expect businesses to have a presence on messaging apps because it’s a direct and easy way to interact with them.
8. Visual Search. Visual search is a new practice where people can upload an image into search. Although it’s relatively new, there are two companies that are leveraging visual search:
9. Voice-Powered Search. As the growth in technology continues to increase rapidly, we will start to see more people using smartphones with voice assistants. Features like Google, Alexa, and Siri.